Saturday, February 20, 2010

the exotic



My red orchid bloomed while I was in California. I love how bright the colors are!

I watched a documentary this morning while eating my breakfast - it's called Food Inc. Lovely documentary, I would recommend it. It also got me to a site called Open Congress AND Take Part, which I'll look into more when i have time. Oddly enough, Walmart is now helping small farmers - which is great. Check out this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/201003/walmart-local-produce


I've also recently, through twitter, become a reader of Roger Ebert's column. Being a Chicagoan and consistenly running into Ebert I probably should have started reading him earlier, originally thinking he's ONLY a movie reviewer. But I only started reading him since I clicked his twitter link. He posts on twitter frequently, and is a great writer. There's an excellent article about him in Esquire that you should look up. Most people are familiar with him and his movie reviews. I think his articles, which don't necessarily talk of movies, are much more interesting. He's a true journalist! http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2010/01/making_out_is_its_own_reward.html

Off to my friend's wedding party in Milwaukee now. Wedding: Redux I'm calling it. I get to wear oriental clothing to "surprise" everyone else because my friend kinda conned me into it. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment