Monday, January 18, 2010

Late Night Rambling


Illustration by Kristine Borcz

I'm watching Conan O'Brien interview Martin Scorsese at the moment, and I feel I need to address a current topic. I'm definitely on the side of Conan keeping the Tonight Show - or getting something better to go against it on a different network. Conan got me through college - he was on when I'd get home at night from work and school and made me laugh.


Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton Style

I'm half looking forward to this movie, half terrified that it's just going to scare me and populate my nightmares. I forsee that many things will be influenced by the style in this film. Mr. Burton has quite an interesting view and it seems to inspire many. Personally, when I was a kid, I never understood why Alice wanted to leave Wonderland and come back to boring day-to-day life. I do enjoy that Burton is going to bring a grown-up Alice back to Wonderland.

The new Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton has a website now. Find it here ALICE



Making Something Not Cool Everyday


Illustration by Will Bryant

I'm always looking for new inspirations - through one of my RSS feeds I came across this cool flickr set by Mr Fancy Pants Bryant. According to his profile, Mr. Fancy Pants creates something every day because he gets sad if he doesn't. Sadly I've lost which blog it was that I originally found this through, but this is a direct link to the set in question so I guess it doesn't much matter. I like that there's a new one each day. MSNCE flickr set

And just to point it out, Mr. Fancy Pants has an Etsy shop here

No comments:

Post a Comment