Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lent

It's that time of year when I focus on living life to the fullest, fasting, charity, and doing good in the world. I'd like to think I do this all the time but it helps having 40 days dedicated to it with a group of strangers and/or friends who are also sacrificing things and looking to do good in the world that they are part of.

This year I'm trying something really hard- giving up coffee. I've done this once before,a long time ago. I've come to rely on coffee for my day-to-day life. It's part of my daily routine, so ill be replacing it with water, and sometimes hot tea.

Next on my list is to do more productive things during Lent, and that includes dedicating myself to the things that I have a passion for or wanted to do. I have a tendency to get excited about an idea, start, and never finish.

During lent I'm going to amp up my routine to include 30 minutes of exercise daily.
I will animate something that I find fun and will share it.
I will work on a painting for a few weeks in a row.
I will finish unravelling my old scarf.
I will finish paintings that I got stuck on.

& I will do this all without coffee & share them as I progress through my project ideas.

Oh and since I'm trying to get ready for a marathon, I thought that today would be a great day to stop eating sweets. Gummy anything is my favorite, so I filled up today.

As for charity, I've set up my repeat donations for the year, and I'll try to spread the word about various charities and events that support my favorite charities as I hear about them.

Here's hoping that Lent will be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment