Friday, October 11, 2013

Cooper's growing up

Went out to check on the pup between cooking my lunch on the stove. I'd just let him out to have some time rolling in the grass outside. Found him sitting in our hammock staring back at the door. Next to him was one canine puppy tooth, small and sharp, only a little red.

 Had this been a few weeks prior, I'd have immediately called the vet with my panicked reaction. But thankfully a chance  meeting at our blocks mailbox with a short talk about puppies and teething prepped me for this exact moment. 

He's playing in the lawn now, rolling in the grass and sunshine, with all his puppy energy. Listening to the birds chirping and the wind talking in the trees, sniffing around a patch of earth, chewing fresh sprigs of grass. Oblivious.

This morning I called the vet to set Coopers appointment to get fixed. He's growing up fast. Life goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment